November 19, 2018
Applying surface protection may seem like a simple task but paying attention to the details will help ensure your floors are properly protected throughout your job. We’ve compiled a list of steps below to help when applying our popular and durable temporary floor protection board, X•Board.
What is X•Board?
X•Board Paint + Remodel is an easy-to-use temporary surface protection that lays flat when rolled out. This breathable painter board allows floors to continue the curing process while you work and our innovative liquid repellent Spill Block® technology ensures no paint spills, mud or water will get through to your surface and cause any damage. X•Board will last for the endurance of the job!
How to apply:
- First, input the square footage of the area you’re protecting into our jobsite calculator to determine how much product you’ll need for easy installation.
- After your surface protector product is purchased, roll out the X-Board and cut with a knife or box cutter (product lays flat, so no need to leave time for it to uncurl).
- Make sure to use the product with logo up to ensure no risk of ink transfer to flooring.
- Overlap X•Board seams by ¼ inch to prevent “tenting” and tape together using our seam tape.
- Before taping X•Board to the floor, spot test with tapes to see which tape works best for your surface. Do this in an area that is unseen or out of the way, such as a closet. We suggest our red poly tape or blue painters tape to use directly on surfaces. Do not use where X•Board cannot be firmly secured to the surface!
- Finally, tape X•Board down to your carpet, tile or hardwood floors to protect from debris and get to work!
- When finished with the job, roll up and reuse if there’s minimal wear or recycle!
Remember to make sure you consult with your flooring and/or finish manufacturer to determine if X•Board is suitable surface protection board to use, prior to curing. Learn more about X•Board and our full line of surface protection products here.