November 29, 2018
Leftover heavy-duty tape? We’ve got you covered! Heavy Duty Tapes can be used for a wide range of projects around the home and office and can be used as heavy-duty packaging tape. We’ve compiled a list of our favorite, and most useful tips and hacks on what you can do with the leftover rolls.
Trimaco offers a wide variety of tapes, ranging from masking tape for simple at-home projects and remedies to industrial adhesive tape for practical safety needs.
Here are some of our favorite and most common alternative uses for heavy duty tape:
- Removing Sticky Residue: Stubborn adhesion residue is no joke. We know the irony- but heavy-duty tape can actually help with the removal of adhesion leftovers. Place the tape over the desired area, rub for a few seconds, then peel away! We recommend using mounting tape or masking tape for this quick fix.
- Secure cords and cables: Electrical tape would be our first choice, but for a quick temporary fix simply tape down any loose cords and cables for a safe, trip-free space. To remove, hold the cord down with your foot, peel the tape off. You can use floor tape or masking tape.
- Labels: Keep things organized by simply adding a label to items. Peel, stick, and label any household, jobsite or office items. Any of our solid color, durable tape will work as labels.
- Temporary Hem: Working on the job in a wet or muddy area, and want to keep the bottom of your pants somewhat clean? Simply fold your hem inwards, and tape up for a strong seal! Clear tape or other durable tape will work to make a temporary hem.
- Avoid scratching your floors: Moving furniture is unavoidable during paint jobs. Protect your floors, by tapping the bottom of chair and table legs with heavy duty tape to avoid scratching. We recommend using floor tape or mounting tape for it’s excellent holding power.
Trimaco’s heavy-duty tapes and masking tapes are typically used for seaming surface protectors, masking off surfaces during the painting process, or for packing tape. However, these quick and useful alternative uses might come in handy around the house or on the jobsite.
These are just a few alternative uses for heavy-duty tape that we have used. Comment below to share your unique use!
Check out Trimaco’s full line of heavy duty tapes here. Keep in mind it’s always important to test tape on an inconspicuous area overnight before your project.
3 days ago
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linked In Share by Email
Our new Magnetic Peel and Stick Zipper creates a self-closing entryway. Need to carry heavy tools or a ladder throu… t.co/ejZfXRRan8