August 8, 2018
When you’re not working, your supplies are likely locked away or set aside. But have you ever given any thought to the fact that some of your everyday work supplies could make life easier at home without costing you a dime?
Think about traditional rosin paper—a staple of the building industry for years—Trimaco carries red rosin paper and brown rosin paper, the latter if you don’t like the red dye; it comes in both medium and heavy weights. Let rosin paper moonlight for you and do double-duty.
Check out these FIVE rosin paper uses & hacks:
- Gardening: Transporting plants and trees for the house in the back of your car is messy work. Save yourself the effort of vacuuming later by spreading out a sheet of red rosin paper or brown kraft paper to protect the inside of the car. Use also for container gardening inside the house, transferring plants, repotting, etc.
- Kids’ projects: On rainy days when the kids are bored, spread rosin paper on the countertop for finger-painting or play-dough, and on the floor to catch splatters and scraps from when they want to cut up old magazines. Easy clean-up; no sweeping or wiping of hardwood floors needed.
- Carpentry: Wood shavings flying from hanging a door or helping your kid build a bird feeder from scrap lumber? A sheet of rosin paper will capture sawdust and shavings, no problem.
- Plumbing: It’s a nasty job, but when the shower or sink drains need cleaning, rosin paper is a great way to collect hair, debris and gunk you know you’re going to find. Clean out under the sink first, then place your rosin paper underneath. Let things fall where they may for easy clean-up.
- Auto repair: Tack down a sheet of rosin paper to the garage floor to collect oil leakage from a slow leak while a car is parked or use while changing the oil in your vehicle. You know oil on concrete is easily tracked indoors and nearly impossible to get out of carpet.
Rosin paper: You have it; use it to make life easier. Have your own red rosin paper uses? We’d love to hear about it. Visit Trimaco.com and leave a comment on the “Contact” page so we can share supply hacks. Don’t forget to check out our Trimaco Red Rosin Paper and other flooring protection!